FMA & Silat Seminar in Brussels – October 2015
Some excerpts from our FMA & Silat Seminar in Brussels, on the 17th and 18th of October 2015.
Here are some topics we focused on:
– Stick Fighting Long Range: evasive footwork, taking angles, closing the distance, staying out of range, alternating lines of attack.
– Stick Fighting Middle to Close Range: flowing from inside to outside position, working on the free hand defense after a disarm, taking angles, dumog techniques on the arms and on the head, takedowns.
– Panantukan: using basic boxing combination with angles, dealing with some “reposts” during the attack, jab counters, cross counters, hook counters, central kick counters.
– Knife Defense: punyo disarms and follow-ups, follow-ups for unsuccessful punyo disarms.
– Silat: head manipulations, sweeps.
– Palm Stick: basic entry sectors, basic techniques on specific body targets.
Source: Seminar in Brussels, Belgium. October 2015.